Thursday, January 15, 2009

My daughter's "starter home"


So yesterday i made my little one this cute little doll house. It is a "CD holder"that is shaped like a house which I purchased at a big box craft store. This little treasure was about $5.00 and in the unfinished wood section. I painted it out and decorated with scrapbook paper and sweet little embellishments I had on hand. I finished it off with a couple coats of satin finish Mod Podge.


Here's a shot of my daughter playing with her new starter home...


It was such an easy little project and you could decorate it in so many ways. I am thinking of making a few more and creating a little village for her. I am thinking a school house, a fire house, a grocery store, and maybe a couple more houses for her little neighborhood!

These would be great partnered with a hand painted play mat or these awesome play tables like these I found on marthastewart.com
You can paint the layout for your little village with roads, yards, ponds, driveways, parking lots... whatever your imagination can come up with!

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the blog world. I have been blogging since last spring. I find it to be a bit addictive, your welcome to come check it out.

    I really like the "doll house" and think I may have to copy this idea so Abby can have one, since we don't have a huge amount of space for a big ol dollhouse

    ReplyDelete